Tiger & Grey

Tiger & Grey

EMRO banner

The Egyptian Mau Rescue Organization - www.emaurescue.org

zaterdag 3 september 2011

Tiger & Grey's first time in the livingroom

Today is the day that Tiger & Grey get a little more access to my house. My budgy is still around, so I had to replace her first.
I took some time before the cats can go into the livingroom, because I did not have a lot of time to supervise them. But they appear to be ready to explore a bit more of the house now. So the budgy got moved, and the door open. From the chaos I expected, so far nothing has come to reality. Two cats are stucked behind the window, looking with BIIIIG eyes to this green world they may have never seen before (of course, I don't know how Cairo looks, but on Google Earth there appeared a lot of green spots in the city). Since I overlook a small park with lots of birds and even some hedgehogs, they will continue looking the eyes out of their sockets here. And no birdy will come for dinner anymore at my balcony.

So their introduction is here quite smoothly, but yet they will only be here only with supervision, until I know what their habits are.

Grey fell into the curtains and when I try to rescue him, he ran off scared. This cat must really have been chased off a lot in the past. I blew away some dust on his whiskers, and this also scared him incredibly. Really have to do some TLC work with him, to give him back his self esteem and feeling to be loved and wanted. He is so sweet and social, but so easily scared...

Well, nothing interesting so far to tell, they are still gazing outside... I really hope I can manage to leash them, so next spring/summer I can take them outside. I am quite sure Tiger will once be 'tame' enough to just walk with me completely free. But Grey I am afraid has a too fainted heart, learned too much to trust on his own instincts, which will make him run off a lot. But, will return, I am sure of that. As I said have to work on this with him.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten