Tiger & Grey

Tiger & Grey

EMRO banner

The Egyptian Mau Rescue Organization - www.emaurescue.org

zaterdag 30 juli 2011

Still 4 more weeks to wait

This week I decided to try to go get Tiger and Grey by myself from Egypt. Also because this week the final stage has started to arrange their journey by some mail contact with Gloria, the founder of EMRO.

First I didn't fancy the idea to go alone to Cairo. Also this weeks news about more trouble in the city made me doubt whether to do it or not. I am not so keen on going to Arabic countries as woman alone, eventhough I know Egypt is one of the more 'civilised' Arabian countries.
First I thought of the idea to just fly up and down, not even leaving the airport. But, I would be silly to spend so much on doing this. And I know it has been a long time wish of me to see the Egyptian pyramids myself. I would love to feel and see some of this ancient magic, and see the history involving Bastet. It is just one of the Goddesses from Egypt that I feel connected to for a long time. Not that She is big part of my life, but animal Goddesses are just my point of interests in general.

So then came the plan to go for a short break at a resort, with airport transfer service, and in walking distance of the famous Giza Pyramids. But unfortunately it was impossible to book for a single room. But then Gloria offered me to stay at EMRO for a donation. Which is of course cheaper and much more valuable for me as it helps the kitties I love so much. And, I stay within the same place as my sweets. So this made me change my mind. The only fear I still have is to travel from the airport to EMRO. I am such a chicken! Well I think I will anyway paint my hair before I go, so I am not blonde. All bits help to make me feel more secure.

And by today, chance is so big to go myself to Cairo. I am just awaiting EMRO who is looking for the costs to fly with KLM or Lufthansa. But they are not available in weekends, I only hear tomorrow. KLM is the best option as it is a direct flight, arriving in Holland in the afternoon. So I spend little more time in Cairo. With Lufthansa I have to leave Fridaynight, arrive at 2.00 at night in Cairo, where I have to stay at the airport to go to EMRO early in the morning (it makes no sense to have someone there waiting for me). And have to leave again the same day, because the plane arrives back in Holland at 22.30. If I arrive that late on Sundays, I would be so cruel to my kitties, because I have to work all week after and I am a weekend off. It will take almost 2 weeks then before I have time for them. It is not fair... I want to have them observed for at least one day before I want to leave them home alone for a few hours.
I just hope KLM is not too expensive... it would be best option. One of the cats (probably Grey) has to go in the cargo space anyway. But since I know what size of carrier KLM only allowes... poor Tiger....

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten