Tiger & Grey

Tiger & Grey

EMRO banner

The Egyptian Mau Rescue Organization - www.emaurescue.org

dinsdag 2 augustus 2011

2 more weeks...

Time goes by... quite fast! I cannot believe I can almost say next week my kitties explore their new home!

It is quite a hassle to arrange it all. Thinking a little more about my crazy plan to pick them up myself, made me realise it has no more value than just being with them sooner. I mean we are not lucky with cheap airlines that allow 2 cats in cabin. So one of them has to be in cargo. My heart says none of the kitties stays alone during the journey. So they either go both in cargo or both in cabin.

Also, I forgot about the extra costs involving this rush flight to Cairo, a (new) passport which has to be ready in time anyway since it is possible that it takes 2 or more weeks to be processed. I cannot take this risk, since I do not want to pay extra to have a speedy processing of the passport.
So I decided to not go to Cairo myself. Instead, whenever I consider another kitty (you know, Noha still touches my heart, Magdi has allready been adopted (lucky cat ;-) ) and Anoosh is likely to be attached to Grey, I may go another time maybe with another EMRO fan. So I don't have to go alone. Because for sure my short period of hoping to go to Cairo, the search for information and planning really made me eager to see it all for myself. And it is just that little dream I always had. Like a vision from the past. No Arabian country I ever wish to visit, I always said. Except the ancient parts of Egypt. Because that history fascinates me, the piramids, Basted, the Gods and Goddesses. Programs on tv I love to see about the pharaos. And who knows after all this was all the path that lead me to those kitties. I think Egypt may behold more than I can think of.

So, it was decided Tiger and Grey will come 'alone'. And I choose KLM. They may be more expensive than Lufthansa. But they arrive at a more decent time than Lufthansa, it is a direct flight, and I know they have the name to be very good with animal transport, even have special trained pet stewards who at least guide the animals from the check in to the plane and back in land of destination. And sometimes they even fly with the animals, never leaving them unattended. I hope for this one.

Julie was so kind to do a little research and found out that KLM has no option for living cargo on this flight. Which means the cats travel in the cabin with the passengers. Since they only allow 2 or maybe 4 pets per flight, I have to wait and hope it is possible to have them fly on August 19th. Julie can only call on August 12th. And even after that moment, if a passenger with cats/dogs arrives, Tiger and Grey will be put on another flight, the next possible flight. So it is a little uncertain. But I trust on it that they will fly on August 19th. At this moment there is no reservation at all. Which is good news for us.

A lucky thing is that KLM is not charging the 200 dollar per cat, but 'only' 140 same price as Lufthansa.

Well... I just keep on begging and hoping they will arrive here on August 19th. Please let it be... Everything is ready for them, and I so can't wait to finally have something to care for again!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten