Tiger & Grey

Tiger & Grey

EMRO banner

The Egyptian Mau Rescue Organization - www.emaurescue.org

dinsdag 2 augustus 2011

The budgy that is not happy with the situation

To take cats is one thing... but when you have a bird, you need some preparations.

Meet PhiPhi my 8 year old terror piti. I bought her to have a tame budgy. And tame she was... for a few weeks. Until she started to become very mean, bity and bitchy. It was no fun at all to have her around. Since I didn't like her company, I bought another budgy to company her. The became very close friends. I was not needed anymore. And even though the new budgy called Schetterbek (Squeakers) wanted to bond with me, PhiPhi did not allow him or me to have contact.

Like a bomber plane she flew close over me, screaming, trying to attack me. And Schetters just followed but didn't really know what to think of it. Last year when I came back from England, one of my budgies had died. It was sweet Schetterbek... Why not PhiPhi? Why do the good ones always die early?

Don't get me wrong, I do care and love PhiPhi, but she will never be the tame sweet budgy I hoped her to become. She never attempted to come to me. But ever since I 'met' Tiger and Grey she suddenly seeks contact with me. Even sitting on my arm, head, lap. She tries to bite me, she still is not very friendly but I am so amazed... Ever since I arranged a new home for her, she is contacting me. And the day to leave her is coming closer.

So every day I see her hanging in her cage, trying to be close to me. She looks at me with those droopy eyes. Yesterday she even lowered her wings, like a young bird begging for food. I believe she knows about my plans, but it is so hard... It is so agains my feelings to let an animal go. All animals die here, only one budgy that I brought out to an aviary before, because he simply was dieing living caged, since he came from an aviary. I had no choice, and out of love I did this. Since he was just sitting in his cage, never coming out, never talks, never plays. Nothing at all. But PhiPhi is lively.

I know it is better for PhiPhi in the end, to bring her to this place where she will live in an aviary, together with other birds, a rabbit and a turtle.

But it is not easy. Right now I think about it to just see how it goes.... Maybe she just wants to tell me it will work. But I know she will not be able to fly... Tiger and Grey will catch her in no time. If Tiger is really Mau typical she will make huge leaps. PhiPhi will not be safe. I just don't know....

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten