Tiger & Grey

Tiger & Grey

EMRO banner

The Egyptian Mau Rescue Organization - www.emaurescue.org

zondag 23 oktober 2011

Tiger's Second Acupuncture treatment

On Thursday October 20th I had the second treatment for Tiger her paw. Today would be the decision day to continue the treatment or not. And to be honest I decided for myself to stop beforehand. Even if there was some progress.
But when the vet saw her walking she was so full of contentment, my sweet made a huge progress she expected to happen. I was focussed on her sense of feeling. But forgot about the fact that she is using her leg so much better than before. A person who sees her less frequent of course sees more than I do. And it is true, Tiger has a less lowered hock, she walkes on her paw now more than she walks on her whole lower leg. Also if you look from above, you see barely any difference between a left or right stride, since she is not sinking when she walks on the right side.

I told the vet that recently Tiger becomes furious when I put Bach Rescue cream on her skin. I know this cream is a little bit giving a burning sensation. I would not use it if I knew she is with feeling. But she reacts to it very very intense. While I can squeeze her paw, and possible even hit it with a hammer, and she would not feel. But it appears that she is sensing very light impulses directly on the skin.
The vet did a test with a needle, and I almost cried when Tiger withdraw her paw immidiately. The vet says this can be a sign feeling is returning. It starts with very small impulses. It is not to say feeling will return completely, but with the other progress it is quite possible her treatment is working.

Then the treatment started, and Tiger was not as relaxed as the last time. The vet wanted to put a needle in her back to calm her, but especially that one Tiger really really did not want. Like she was saying that she is calm enough to handle. The vet managed to get all the necessary needles in her paw, and tried once more the one in the back. But we respected Tigers decision she didn't want this one. Trying to proceed would cause the other needles to drop out. So we left it this way.
Then Tiger snuggled up with me, calming down, and we could make it the full 15 minutes to have the needles do their work. She did not move any at all. So she prooved us that no calming needle was needed.
Taking the needles out after was a different story, but there were less of them this time, and when they were taken out, she was free to walk and she came purring. But I have no clue how she will react when I take her for the third treatment. I think she is getting suspicious now about the times I take her out.

To my surprise a third treatment has been planned for 2 weeks later. It cost a hell lot of money but Tiger has a very long life (I hope) ahead of her, knowing that I expect her to be around for at least 12 more years, but 20 is also possible) I don't mind. In the 'worst' case she need orthopedic surgery, but I am lucky enough to be able to save some money for that one. It is no emergency that I have to scrape money for in just a little time. But I believe in the years ahead a lot can happen, and I still did not run out of other remedies that hopefully will be available for cats in the future. Like stemcell therapy, used quite frequently with horses that have nerve damage.

The day after the treatment I see clearly a progress in Tiger. It is not one I would prefer, but she is walking on her leg perfectly normal. But because she is now having the leg in normal position, she cannot place her paw flat anymore. Before the treatment, her moving was worse, but she placed the paw normal by chance for like 80% of the time. And now she walks normal but has her paw always folded, so she is always walking on the upside of her toes. Weird thing is that she only does when walking on carpet. On the vinyl floors she walks normal. But my house mainly has carpet... Now her skin is damaged again and bleeding. So I need to bandage her again. Also it worries me that her nails are now always out. They will grow and possible damage the skin later, by pinching in. I can only hope that she feels this when this happens, like the vet triggered her with a needle.

Though I agree with the vet, I think she is making good progress. I have the feeling that she is much more aware now when I do something to her paw. Sometimes she hissess and growls, and I don't even touch anything else, and when I do I always make sure she is not aware. Also, before she was without feeling from the hock all the way down. And I think she has got feeling back halfway her underleg now.

So that is the progres of Tiger so far. I continue with homeopathic medication (Phytonic Spine Comp) and I also got hands on Traumeel today at last. Because this one beholds the homeopathic remedies that I think would be helpfull. I am very very strong with the feeling she needs Hypericum. And that is because I also found Hypericum still blooming outside, and Hypericum, known as St Johnsworth is known to bloom around St Johns Day/Midsummer only. And it comes on my path all the time. It is one of the most valuable homeopathic medicine and especially for nerve damage. Let's hope my feeling is so right!



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten